VIVEK AGRAWAL, a journalist with 3 decades of vast experience in the field of crime, defense, legal & terrorism in all the dimensions of media. Since 1985, he actively started writing as a freelancer for the local, state & national newspapers and earned good name in the united Madhya Pradesh.
His career in the mainstream newspapers started in 1992 with Hindi tabloid ‘Hamara Mahanagar’ at Mumbai. In 1993, joined Hindi national newspaper ‘Jansatta’ as a crime reporter. He broke many big time stories in both the newspapers. His broadcast media journalism days started with India’s First Views Channel ‘Janmat’ (Now Live India) as Bureau Head, Maharashtra-Goa. He was part of the team of channel –‘Mi Mrathi’. Then joined ‘India TV’ as an investigative journalist. Vivek Agrawal joined as State Head with ‘News Express’. He cracked many stories of Mumbai Mafia, Terrorism, Financial Crimes and Homeland Security all these days.
He is now focusing on writing and documentary projects, consulting print and electronic media houses to establish & run news businesses with right directions and high esteem. He is offering his services as a news broadcast channel /newspaper /magazine setup professional to news assessment editor to various new establishments across the nation.
- Mumbai Mafia based two books ‘MumBhai’ & ‘MumBhai Returns’ published by Vani Prakashan in 2015 and 2016,
- Third book ‘Khel Khallas’ published by Story Mirror in 2017.
- Forth book ‘Bombay Bar’ Rajkamal Prakashan Group in January 2018.
- Edited ‘Rangkalam’, a collection of drama scripts of competition by Being Association.
- Edited ‘Dil Hi To Hai’ poetry collection of well-known journalist author Shakeel Akhter.
‘Underworld Bullets’ & ‘Underworld Ke Chaar Ekke’ is in the press. Few more titles uncovering Peninsular Underbelly are in the process.
Awards / Achivements
- Book ‘MumBhai’ won the Maharashtra Rajy Hindi Sahita Academy Award in Journalism category in 2017.
- Won the CFBP Consumer Film Festival Award for Script Writing in 2017.
- Book ‘MumBhai’ rated #1 by Nilesen-Jagran Hindi Bestseller Book 2018 in Non-Fiction category.
- Won ‘Best Screenplay Award’ in “Five Continents International Film Festival, Venezuela – 2018” for Dialogs of film “Adrishya”.